POSITION:Marketing/Touring internship, Quito-Ecuador
Organization: Outerland Expeditions
Brief overview of organization.
Outerland Expeditions is a new adventure and travel company, specialized in outdoor programs and tours such as mountaineering, rock climbing, mountain biking, trekking and rafting. We started a few years back with the idea to create new sources of tourism, concentrated always in providing a safe/fun environment for adventure seeking individuals. Our goal is to develop innovative tours and programs that go beyond the classic tourist destinations.
We are looking for a person who is interested in traveling in Ecuador, practice some Spanish, learn a different culture and is willing to help us with the marketing side of the company. We are looking for someone who can develop new ways to promote Outerland Expeditions nationally and internationally. Our priority is to expose our product to the world, create new connections, create new alliances with other tour agencies and markets, make our name well known and develop a solid presence in the tourist business. Our intern will be responsible to help us in the process.
In addition, the intern has to become familiarized with Outerland procedures, policies, and the local tours. You will work under the direct supervision of the Tour/ Program Manager. The intern would be responsible for supervising, teaching, leading and facilitating clients in the field throughout the different tours/programs, developing innovative programs/tours, reviewing and evaluating existing ones, helping with the webpage and marketing strategies, leading and assisting the different programs/tours that include mountaineering, trekking, climbing, mountain biking, training. This would allow our intern to travel around the country, learn the language, and experience the true culture of Ecuador.
These programs and expeditions focus on leadership, service, and character development and take participants into new and challenging outdoor environments.
Outdoor Skills / Physical requirements
- Has a level of comfort in the outdoors, camping, trekking and backpacking
- Baseline understanding orientation skills
- Awareness of outdoor hazards and local area weather patterns.
- Good general physical condition and endurance. Must be sufficiently fit to participate in outdoor programs and tour activities.
- Able to work outdoors regardless of weather/season/altitude
- Develop and deliver engaging curriculum appropriate for children
- Demonstrate cultural competency and role model inclusive behavior
- Clearly establish limits and boundaries for clients behavior and independence
- Execute successful course planning, including development of educational and technical curricula, route planning, food and equipment organization/packing
- Be able to operate safety procedures, safety policies and emergency procedures outlined by thee guide or manager
- Provide clear, effective and timely communication with the Instructor, Course Director and other staff
- A degree in Marketing or communications
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Computer software programs including Microsoft Office (word, outlook, excel) and internet search engines
- Be familiarized with WordPress
Interpersonal skills and other requirements
- Ability to work with participants of all ages and abilities
- Effective communication skills with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Passion and dedication for outdoor adventures and exploring the country
- Be willing to travel to new places, and learn about the culture of Ecuador
- Innovative, self-sufficient, responsible and active
- Able to effectively build friendly relationship with both clients and co-workers
- Must be 21 or older
- Valid driver license
- Must be willing to travel to Ecuador
Dates of employment:
- This is a part-time to full time seasonal position beginning in May 1,2016 and continuing through of August 15
- We provide a private place to stay (Private Room and Board)
- Food is available during hiring time (provide for staff to consume or prepare)/breakfast and dinner.
- Be able to participate in all tours around the country at no cost
- Please complete an application online at
and send us your resume at outlandV@gmail.com
We will contact you asap